Airedale Drainage Commissioners - Information
The Board was originally constituted in 1861 under the Airedale Drainage Act and has been reconstituted
in 1953 following the general introduction of a Land Drainage Act. The Board's District sits within the
low-lying Ings land on both banks of the River Aire between Keighley and Gargrave.
The Airedale Drainage Commissioners are a member of the Association of Drainage Authorities.
|Length of Maintained Watercourses||4.5km|
|Area of Agricultural Land||1,149ha|
|Area of non-Agricultural Land||220ha|
|Number of Pumping Stations||0|
|Area Dependent upon Pumping||0ha|
|Towns and Villages in and around the District||Bradley